December 3, 2008

Chris plays tag.

Here's my shot at responding to Creighton's tag. 5 (random) things I love about my wife: 1. I love her voice, especially her phone voice – very feminine. 2. I love how she loves babies and small children – Her example is a big reason all of our children are great with small children. 3. I love her commitment – she is diligent and persevering to the core, and unwaveringly faithful to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 4. I love her enthusiasm and drive, including her famous primal scream. 5. I love her strong appreciation and talents for beauty – music, painting, calligraphy, cooking, and making herself, her children, and her home, look and be (more) beautiful. 5 of my favorite movies (not necessarily in order): 1. African Queen, with Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. 2. Hell in the Pacific, with Lee Marvin. 3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, with Sean Astin, Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando Bloom, etc. 4. Sergeant York, with Gary Cooper. 5. Valdez is Coming with Anthony Quinn. 5 of my favorite foods: 1. Paella Valenciana (make sure it has squid). 2. Michelle’s Four-layer pudding cake. 3. Squirt. 4. Lime sherbet. 5. Michelle’s oven Bar-B-Q chicken. 5 random things I am proud of (that happened before I met Michelle): 1. Being voice for the dedication of the city of Vitoria, Spain to the preaching of the Gospel in 1977. 2. Driving round trip from Logan, Utah to Guatemala City, Guatemala with my brother David, and uncle, aunt, and cousin, in a Dodge Dart in 1975. 3. Climbing to the top of Waynu Picchu, Peru, with a Japanese friend I met the same day in 1971. 4. With a companion from Chile (Roberto Alarcón), laying the brick, including herringbone, kitchen arches, and a three-story chimney stack, in a house in McLean, Virginia, in 1972, and surviving a lightning strike on a scaffold. 5. Helping my brother, David, keep our immediate family’s farm in Weston, Idaho, running while Dad was in southern Chile helping run the extended family’s farm at Lago Ranco, 1968 or 1969. 5 things I am thankful for: 1. I’m with Creighton’s #1 pick, the Atonement and Gospel of Jesus Christ. 2. Fabulous family, including in-laws (keep it up, Jeff and Joanna, the bar is WAY high). 3. Better-than-I-deserve health, including a good memory (except, Where did I put my keys?) 4. The personal sacrifices, past and present, made in behalf of the freedom I enjoy. 5. Greg Bagley’s slush. As far as passing it on, I am not sure who is watching. If you catch this tag, please let me know in a comment so I can follow it on your blog!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Great tag. I especially liked the shout out to the in-laws. I feel the same way about you guys. I couldn't be more blessed. Thanks for making me feel like a part of the family. See you guys soon!

Ev said...

Bishop Daines, yall are still the most awesome family in the universe. We still have many great stories that include yall (like Jeff's, "I did it! Say thank you for being honest!") At least, I think it was Jeff. It was definitely a Daines, though. Anyway, I'm glad there are people out there that feel very similar to the way I feel and share my values. It's great to have an organization like OUR church where it's not just Christ that everyone believes in. If you don't already have Mom and Dad's info, I'd be happy to get it to you. AND WE STILL LOVE EVERY ONE OF YALL, TOO!!!

Ev said...

PS-All thos people in a Dodge Dart?! REALLT??!! HOLY COW!!