January 24, 2008

Briefly Preoccupied

Writing a "brief" for an appeal is like putting on a trial. Everything and everyone else is put on hold. While I am in the middle of it, I am not hungry or tired. Adrenaline or stupidity or both keep me going. When it is over, there is a let-down, especially when those I have neglected start calling for attention, just about the time I am ready to recover (i.e. crash). I produced two of these in the last eight days, which involved two overnighters, about three too many for my age. One of the other bad side-effects is the penchant for verbosity that lingers on. (See?) I wish, oh, I wish that I poured my soul into projects at home, stuff that really matters, like I do when it comes to preparing a brief. Maybe this blog would read better! Maybe we would figure out how to post pictures. That would be nice, if only for a brief moment.

1 comment:

OccupyThis said...

Don't feel too bad about working hard. You are providing for your family, and that is very commendable. Too bad that sometimes your work requires overnighters of you. We love reading your blog, and catching up on the phone. Thanks a million for your support. Lovin and missin you!